Followers

Thursday, February 9, 2012

V for Vostroyans

I bought an army of these guys back in the day when they were first released, when I had a lot more free cash and an army of metal Guardsmen didn't seem prohibitably expensive. I played with them a few times under the previous Imperial Guard codex, never under the current one until a couple of weeks ago. The DGG's resident General Grouchy (AKA Frank) is running a campaign based around a Risk map. Each week players have the option to choose from a list of additional bonuses, two weeks ago one option was to add 1000 points from an allied army. I'm playing my Flesh Tearers, so I had the option to use Grey Knight or Imperial Guard allies. I don't have any Grey Knights, so I broke out my box of old Vostroyan figures and quickly worked out a list of allies. I used only infantry in that game, but I have several tanks as well. Ever since then, I've been intending to work out exactly what I can do with my old figures. All the listed infantry are either Vostroyan Firstborn or Kasrkin models (I used to use the Grenadiers doctrine, always preferred the Kasrkin to the normal Stormtrooper figures).

2 Officers with Laspistol and Power Fist
1 Officer with Plasma Pistol and Power Sword
1 Officer with Bolt Pistol and CCW
6 Sergeants with Laspistol
53 Guardsmen with Lasgun
10 Guardsmen with Flamer
8 Guardsmen with Plasma Gun
1 Guardsman with Grenade Launcher
4 Guardsmen with Vox
6 Heavy Bolter Teams
3 Mortar Teams
6 Lascannon Teams
1 Commissar with Bolt Pistol
1 Kasrkin Sergeant with Hellpistol and Power Sword
2 Kasrkin Sergeants with Hellpistol and CCW
13 Kasrkin with Hellgun
1 Kasrkin with Flamer
3 Kasrkin with Plasma Gun
5 Kasrkin with Meltagun
1 Kasrkin with Grenade Launcher

3 Leman Russ (1 w/Battle Cannon and Heavy Bolter, 2 unassembled)
1 Leman Russ Demolisher (Demolisher Cannon, Lascannon, Plasma Cannon sponsons)
3 Basilisks (1 w/Earthshaker Cannon and Heavy Bolter, 2 unassembled)
2 Hellhounds (1 w/Inferno Cannon and Heavy Bolter, 1 unassembled)
2 Chimeras (unassembled)
1 Baneblade (bought on release day, still unassembled)

Having gone through that, I have a lot more than I thought I did. Gotta be a couple of thousand points in there. Might paint up an infantry squad to start with and see where I go from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List