Followers

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Evil spiky things. And some less evil but no less spiky things.

Yes, it's Dark Eldar time. I got a Dark Eldar Megaforce for Christmas to go with some pieces I had already, so I started by drafting a couple of lists, one for tournaments and one for friendly club games.

1850 Tournament Dark Eldar
Haemonculus (65) - Shattershard
Haemonculus (60) - Liquifier Gun
4 Kabalite Trueborn (108) - 4 Blasters, in Venom (65) - 2 Splinter Cannons.
4 Kabalite Trueborn (108) - 4 Blasters, in Venom (65) - 2 Splinter Cannons.
4 Kabalite Trueborn (108) - 4 Blasters, in Venom (65) - 2 Splinter Cannons.
9 Wyches (148) - Haywire Grenades, Hekatrix with Agoniser, Phantasm Grenade Launcher, in Raider (80) - Flickerfield, Enhanced Aethersails, Shock Prow.
9 Wyches (148) - Haywire Grenades, Hekatrix with Agoniser, Phantasm Grenade Launcher, in Raider (80) - Flickerfield, Enhanced Aethersails, Shock Prow.
5 Kabalite Warriors (60) - Blaster, in Venom (65) - 2 Splinter Cannons.
5 Kabalite Warriors (60) - Blaster, in Venom (65) - 2 Splinter Cannons.
5 Kabalite Warriors (60) - Blaster, in Venom (65) - 2 Splinter Cannons.
Ravager (125) - Flickerfield, Night Shield.
Ravager (125) - Flickerfield, Night Shield.
Ravager (125) - Flickerfield, Night Shield.

Any advice on improving this will be considered, it's basically the standard spammy Dark Eldar approach. I'm only going to use it in tournaments and tournament practice games, not against unsuspecting opponents in other situations. I will need to add more models (three boxes of Kabalites, four Venoms, the Haemonculi and a Ravager)

2000 Friendly Game Dark Eldar
Haemonculus (65) - Shattershard
Haemonculus (60) - Liquifier Gun
4 Kabalite Trueborn (108) - 4 Blasters, in Venom (65) - 2 Splinter Cannons.
4 Kabalite Trueborn (108) - 4 Blasters, in Venom (65) - 2 Splinter Cannons.
10 Kabalite Warriors (105) - Splinter Cannon, Shredder, in Raider (70) - Flickerfield.
10 Kabalite Warriors (105) - Splinter Cannon, Shredder, in Raider (70) - Flickerfield.
9 Wyches (148) - Haywire Grenades, Hydra Gauntlets, Hekatrix with Agoniser, in Raider (70) - Flickerfield.
9 Wyches (148) - Haywire Grenades, Hydra Gauntlets, Hekatrix with Agoniser, in Raider (70) - Flickerfield.
5 Scourges (134) - 2 Heat Lances
9 Reaver Jetbikes (234) - 3 Heat Lances
Ravager (125) - Flickerfield, Night Shield.
Ravager (125) - Flickerfield, Night Shield.
Ravager (125) - Flickerfield, Night Shield.

This list I've run past the club with no real complaints, if it's too shooty and causes problems I will modify it to be a little weaker. Many of the unit choices in this list are based around the figures I have and won't need to buy a lot (the Haemonculi, a box of Kabalites, two Raiders and a Ravager) but most fit into both lists. I'm not seeking any feedback on improving this list's competitiveness, but if you think it will create a poor experience for my opponents, please say so.

Also, I've signed up to play in the MooFool event in UCC on the weekend of March 31st/April 1st. 1850 points with ETC scenarios. I've always enjoyed events down in Cork and since I have that week off work I might be able to stay awake past 10pm this time! I will likely use a very similar army to the one I took to Warpcon so not much painting to be done there. Might start on my Land Raider Redeemer for my Terminators and that half finished Vindicator anyway.

2 comments:

  1. Seems solid to me man. Certainly ticks all of the boxes. Looking forward to having you down in Cork for MooFool. Few pints in order anyway pal!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, looking forward to it. Especially as I don't have to paint my army again this time.

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List