Followers

Saturday, January 21, 2012

First game with Gatormen incoming

I had intended to write about the new Vampire Counts army book this weekend, if it wasn't for my FLGS selling out of the book before my usual Wednesday night visit. They didn't have the Gatormen I ordered in either, which leads me neatly on to my actual topic.

I've arranged for my first ever game with my Gators. Now, I've never played a HORDES faction before, although I have played against them with my Warmachine army. So it's likely to be a steep learning curve, particularly with my opponent being local Press Ganger Ciaran Bolger. Ciaran is a very good player, I am not. Hopefully I'll be able to pick up a few useful tips.

The next question is which army to field. I don't have a huge Blindwater collection, so I decided to put my collection into Forward Kommander and work from there. It would seem I don't have a lot of choice, only 61 points (not counting Warlocks). I'm going to go with Bloody Barnabas as my warlock, simply because he's painted and Calaban is not.

Bloody Barnabas (6WP)
Blackhide Wrastler (9)
Ironback Spitter (8)
Bull Snapper (3)

Gatorman Posse - max (9)
Bog Trog Ambushers - min (5)
Swamp Gobber Bellows Crew (1)

Wrong Eye & Snapjaw (9)
Bull Snapper (3)

Totem Hunter (3)
Thrullg (3)
Feralgeist (1)
Croak Hunter (2)

Basically all I've left out is Viktor Pendrake and the rest of my Bog Trogs. Hopefully I'll get a quick crash course in Gator play.


P.S. Tales from the Lennycave now has it's own Facebook page. Give us a like and you'll get a reminder every time a new post is made.

1 comment:

  1. A Big Hello from your newest Irish member.

    I recently came across your blog and just started to follow you, as I think it's great, so we might have a couple of things in common as I too have a hobby blog you might like to follow to at

    uniteallaction.blogspot.com

    So feel free to drop me a comment and hopefully become a member, keep up the good work. And hopefully I'll hear from you soon

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List