Followers

Monday, September 12, 2011

Look out Gorey, here comes Lenny

This weekend I will be attending the 3rd annual North Wexford Gamers tournament which is being held in the Amber Springs Hotel in Gorey (which, for those of you not familiar with Irish geography, is in North Wexford. Who'd have thought it?). I've been to each of the previous events, which have both been well run and very enjoyable to play. Although this year, things will be a little different.

This year, I'll be entering the Warhammer 40,000 tournament. Last year, I played Fantasy, and in the first event there was no 40K tournament. NWG is also a bit different, as it allows players to use their Forge World models. Although if you've been listening to the North Wexford Gamers/Wargaming Ireland podcast, you'll know this already. Because Paul mentioned it every five minutes.

The points limit for the event is 2000. I don't have any Forge World models, so I used the event as an excuse to paint my Flesh Tearers (a Blood Angels successor chapter) army. I'll be fielding the following army -

Librarian (125) - Jump Pack. Blood Lance, Shield of Sanguinius.
Librarian (125) - Jump Pack. Blood Lance, Shield of Sanguinius.
Sanguinary Priest (95) - Jump Pack, Lightning Claw, Meltabombs.
Sanguinary Priest (95) - Jump Pack, Power Weapon, Meltabombs.
Honour Guard (250) - Jump Packs. 3 w/Meltagun, Meltabombs. 1 w/Meltagun, Power Fist, Meltabombs.
5 Assault Terminators (210) - 3 w/Lightning Claws. 2 w/Thunder Hammer, Storm Shield.
10 Assault Marines (235) - 2 w/Meltagun. Veteran Sergeant w/Power Fist.
10 Assault Marines (235) - 2 w/Meltagun. Veteran Sergeant w/Power Fist.
10 Assault Marines (235) - 2 w/Meltagun. Veteran Sergeant w/Power Fist.
10 Vanguard Veterans (395) - 2 w/pair of Lightning Claws, Meltabombs. Veteran Sergeant w/Power Fist.

I actually finished all the painting this evening, although most of the army still needs to be based. I'm pretty happy with the way it looks, although a completely painted coherent looking army always looks pretty good, even if the paint scheme and techniques used are simple.

So, how do I hope to do at the event? I think a decent result would be about 40 points out of 100 for gaming. I'm not an experienced 40K player and I've only attended one 40K tournament before, although thanks to the guys at the Dublin Games Guild, I have been practicing and I'm better than I used to be.

I won't be reporting live from the event, but if anyone is interested in following proceedings on Twitter, follow @wargamingire or search #NWG2011 and there will be plenty there. I will be writing up a tournament report after the event and I'll try to remember to take pictures, as long as I don't drink too much.

Wish me luck,
Lenny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List