In the vein of my previous post when I reached my 100th figure painted this year (see here - http://lennyexperiment.blogspot.com/2011/06/100-not-out.html), I've decided to follow up on my more recent progress since I've reached 150 figures yesterday (I'm actually up to 156, I finished off 15 in one day) so it's hard to say which was the exact 150th figure. Anyhow, here's what I've painted since the last time.
Warhammer : Dwarfs
6 Warriors with Great Weapons
I played Dwarfs for years in 7th edition Warhammer and I'm planning to get a new army of them painted for 8th edition.
Warhammer 40,000 : Flesh Tearers
28 Assault Marines
I'm painting a lot of these at the moment - I need them for a tournament the weekend after next and I still have another 13 models to do.
Warhammer 40,000 : Knights of the Hammer
This was the test model for a new Space Marine chapter colour scheme I wanted to test. I've had an idea to improve this model - I'm going to create a knightly army using Codex Dark Angels for these with lots of banners and shields.
War of the Ring : Gondor/Arnor
8 Minas Tirith Warriors with Captain, Banner Bearer and Hornblower
I painted the command company for these guys in order to keep the army ticking over. I'll be painting more when I get the Flesh Tearers done.
Warmachine : Cygnar
Charger Light Warjack
I painted these as reinforcements for my Cygnar army. After having so much fun at the Steamroller tournament, I'll need to paint more options for the next one.
HORDES : Blindwater Congregation
Gatorman Posse - 1 Grunt
This guy was painted as the test model for the rest of the posse. Really pleased with it and I'll paint the rest soon.
It took me a total of 174 days to paint my first 100 models. These 56 took me a further 76 days to do, much faster. I'll be aiming to manage 250 by the end of the year. I'll do another post when I reach 200 done. Hopefully within a month and a half or so.
Thanks for reading,
Raising the militia with Maurice in the American war of Independence - Intro: I have been busy chipping away at my AWI project. Recently I managed to paint up a brigade of three Militia regiments (only another 400 infantry, 45...
6 days ago