Followers

Friday, July 1, 2011

Flesh Tearers for NWG & GT

I've committed myself now. I purchased a ticket for the Irish 40K GT during the week to be held in mid-September at Conclave in Kilkenny. I also want to take it to the North Wexford Gamers event in Gorey the weekend before, but I've yet to confirm attendance at this yet. Only problem is that my only painted 40K army is an all-infantry Space Marines list. Even if it did manage 8th out of 24 at Dominion Day III last year, it's a poor list and any of the top players I played with it kicked my ass really easily.

So, I suppose I need to paint a new army. The choices are Flesh Tearers or Black Templars. I've gone for the Flesh Tearers for a couple of reasons. Firstly, I don't need to buy any more guys. Secondly, it's the list I've been playing against the DGG guys, and even though I've only won once, I'm at least practicing. Thirdly, it's less painting to do.

My army is entirely based around Deep Striking Jump Packs. The two Librarians provide psychic defense thanks to their psychic hoods. I chose the Shield of Sanguinius power to provide my army with cover saves, as Jump Infantry don't like moving into or out of most standard cover. The other power they have is Blood Lance, as a S8 AP1 Lance helps with tank busting. The Sanguinary Priests provide Feel No Pain and Furious Charge to nearby units, improving both survivability and damage output, even if they are a soft kill point.

For my scoring units, I've selected 3 full strength Assault Squads, with 2 Meltaguns and a Power Fist each. As well as claiming objectives, they excel at dropping in and busting enemy tanks. Speaking of tank killing, the Honour Guard with the four Meltaguns pick on really hard targets, such as Land Raiders. Lastly, the Vanguard Veterans are there to assault on the turn my army arrives, preferably the contents of a previously destroyed transport.

So, here's my 1750 list
Librarian (125) - Jump Pack. Blood Lance, Shield of Sanguinius
Librarian (125) - Jump Pack. Blood Lance, Shield of Sanguinius
Sanguinary Priest (90) - Jump Pack, Lightning Claw.
Sanguinary Priest (90) - Jump Pack, Power Weapon.
10 man Assault Squad (235) - 2 Meltaguns, Power Fist.
10 man Assault Squad (235) - 2 Meltaguns, Power Fist.
10 man Assault Squad (235) - 2 Meltaguns, Power Fist.
Honour Guard (230) - 4 Meltaguns, Power Fist.
10 man Vanguard Veteran squad (385) - Jump Packs, Power Fist, 2 pairs Lightning Claws.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List