Followers

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

DGG Cup 2011

The Dublin Games Guild has announced the return of their in-house competition for 40K. As I've been playing plenty of 40K with the DGG guys this year, I threw my hat into the ring (even though I'm technically not part of the club). The format is players are divided into four groups, everyone plays everyone else in their group once. The group winner and second-place players advance to the quarter finals, and it's straight knockout from there.

The points value for the event has been set at 2000 points. This is slightly problematic for me, as my army has been designed to play 1750 (which is tournament standard around here), and I don't want to have to buy any more figures right now. This leaves me the option of including my Death Company unit (at 250 exactly), although the Rage USR makes them next to useless against good players, of which the DGG has many.

As such, I've decided to include my Assault Terminators instead. Not Jump Pack equipped, but they Deep Strike, so it's close enough. They only come to 210 points, so I'll throw some Meltabombs in. I'll be running the following against Frank tomorrow night, and assuming it goes OK I'll be submitting it for the Cup. The groups will be drawn after the lists are due in, so there's no point tailoring it to face anything particular.

Librarian (125) - Jump Pack. Blood Lance, Shield of Sanguinius.
Librarian (125) - Jump Pack. Blood Lance, Shield of Sanguinius.
Sanguinary Priest (95) - Jump Pack, Meltabombs, Lightning Claw.
Sanguinary Priest (95) - Jump Pack, Meltabombs, Power Weapon.
5 Assault Terminators (210) - 3 w/Lightning Claws, 2 w/Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield
Honour Guard (250) - Jump Packs. Sanguinary Priest w/Meltabombs, 3 w/Meltagun, Meltabombs, 1 w/Meltagun, Power Fist.
10 Assault Marines (235) - 2 Meltaguns, Sergeant w/Power Fist.
10 Assault Marines (235) - 2 Meltaguns, Sergeant w/Power Fist.
10 Assault Marines (235) - 2 Meltaguns, Sergeant w/Power Fist.
10 Vanguard Veterans (395) - Jump Packs. Sergeant w/Power Fist, 2 w/2 Lightning Claws, Meltabombs.

Interesting fact I discovered writing this list - Blood Angels Codex Librarians can't take Meltabombs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List