Followers

Thursday, June 23, 2011

100 not out

I've managed to complete my 100th figure of the year today. The miniature in question is the HORDES Gatorman Warlock, Bloody Barnabus.

This is my 100 figures so far :

Warhammer : High Elves
6 Lothern Seaguard

I'm very slowly painting up an army of High Elves. Warhammer Fantasy is not really a priority in my gaming schedule right now, so I'm not really in any hurry to paint these.

Warhammer : Dark Elves
6 Spearmen (including Lordling, Standard Bearer & Musician)
18 Crossbowmen (including Standard Bearer & Musician)
3 Shades
War Hydra and 2 Handlers
Cauldron of Blood, Death Hag and 2 Crew
10 Harpies
Master on Dark Pegasus

Most of these were painted in the early months of the year in order to reinforce the army for tournament play. I haven't added to the army for quite some time - I'd estimate I have 3500-4000 points painted at this stage.

Warhammer 40,000 : Flesh Tearers
2 Assault Marines

I started collecting Flesh Tearers last year. I need to paint up an army for Warhammer 40,000 tournaments in September, so I expect to get more of these done over the coming weeks.

Warhammer 40,000 : Black Templars
2 Initiates (Bolt Pistol & CCW)
1 Initiate (Boltgun)

These figures were the beginning of an experiment in stripping the paint from an older, now illegal army. I don't expect to finish an army of these any time soon, but I'll still be painting the occasional figure.

War of the Ring : Gondor/Arnor
8 Minas Tirith Warriors
8 Minas Tirith Archers

War of the Ring is a game I really like, although I've managed to play it only about four times. I'm making an effort to paint up my army, and I find the models are actually quite quick and easy to paint.

HORDES : Blindwater Congregation
Bloody Barnabus
Blackhide Wrastler

When I discovered that Gatormen were going to be one of the Minion armies when the second edition of HORDES was released, I knew I had to collect them.

Gorkamorka : Orks
4 Grots (2 w/Kannon & Knife, 2 w/Shoota & Knife)

I had intended to participate in a campaign earlier this year, but never got around to playing.

Blood Bowl : Humans
2 Catchers

I have most of a Human squad painted for years, but I had never gotten around to painting more than two Catchers for my team, as I never had used more than two. Finished up more for completeness than anything else.

Blood Bowl : Orcs
4 Blitzers
4 Black Orcs
2 Throwers
6 Linemen
3 Goblins
Troll

I decided to paint up the plastic Orcs for the Blood Bowl boxed set, and enjoyed them so much I picked up some metals to complete the squad. Although I could include further Linemen and Goblins, I expect I have as many as I will ever use. So for all intents and purposes, I consider the team finished.


So that's what I've painted up so far this year. It's taken longer to get here than I expected, but I hope to finish the next 100 figures more quickly.

Thanks for reading,
Lenny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List