Followers

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Time for a change

As anyone who knows me should know, for the last couple of years most of my gaming time has been spent playing WHFB with my Dark Elf and Dwarf armies. However, at the moment I'm not very enthusiastic about the game. Maybe it's my dislike of some aspects of the 8th edition ruleset, or maybe I'm just suffering from WHFB burnout, I don't know. But anyway, I've decided it's time to give something different a go.

So I've decided to try out tournament 40K. As such, I'm working on a Flesh Tearers army (Codex : Blood Angels). I want to do a Descent of Angels list, so I've put together the following and started to play a few games with it. (Thanks to the DGG guys for letting me learn from them).

At the moment I'm using the following list :
Librarian (125) - Jump Pack. Blood Lance, Shield of Sanguinius
Librarian (125) - Jump Pack. Blood Lance, Shield of Sanguinius
Chaplain (125) - Jump Pack.
Sanguinary Priest (95) - Jump Pack, Power Weapon, Meltabombs.
Sanguinary Priest (95) - Jump Pack, Lightning Claw, Meltabombs.
Honour Guard (230) - Jump Packs, 4 Meltaguns, Power Fist.
6 Death Company (250) - Jump Packs, Power Weapon, Power Fist.
10 Assault Marines (235) - 2 Meltaguns, Power Fist.
10 Assault Marines (235) - 2 Meltaguns, Power Fist.
10 Assault Marines (235) - 2 Meltaguns, Power Fist.

Playtesting has shown me that the Death Company with the Chaplain are an expensive liability against a competent player who will use their Rage USR to draw them out of position or into an assault with something they can't handle. They're decent at breaking face given the right opportunity but that just won't occur often enough. I plan to replace them with some Vanguard Veterans, who don't have the downside of rage. I'll probably kit them out with some Lightning Claws and a Power Fist.

As a final teaser, here's the paint scheme on the first two Assault Marines
Photobucket

Look out for updates on how the army is getting on and hopefully I'll find a suitable event to bring them to soon.

Lenny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List